Everest Clinical Research (“Everest”) is a full-service contract research organization (CRO) providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries. We serve some of the best-known companies and work with many of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
Everest has been an independent CRO since 2004 with a strong foundation as a statistical and data management center of excellence. Building on this foundation, Everest has successfully developed and established itself as a full-service CRO. Operating primarily in North America, with headquarters located in Markham (Greater Toronto Area), Ontario, Canada and an office in Little Falls (Greater New York City Area), New Jersey, USA, Everest is known in the industry for its high quality deliverables, superior customer service, and flexibility in meeting clients’ needs. A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial origin, Everest continues to experience exceptional growth and great success.
Quality is our backbone, customer-focus is our tradition, flexibility is our strength…that’s us…that’s Everest.
To drive continued success in this exciting clinical research field, we are seeking a committed, skilled, and customer-focused individual to join our winning team.
Statistical Programmers (multiple vacancies at varying levels available)
The incumbents will be responsible for performing statistical programming, validation, and quality control of the statistical datasets and output tables/listings/graphs: design and specification of study data tabulation models and analysis data models; statistical programming and validation of database logical checks and study specific monitoring reports. The position is also responsible for developing SAS programming codes and generating complete and accurate statistical output reports of trial data in well-defined formats.
Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and specify study data tabulation models and analysis data models for clinical trials or for the integration of clinical trial data from multiple trials (e.g. ISS and ISE datasets). These designs and specifications are completed in accordance with common industry standards and conventions, statistical requirements and specifications, and/or clinical trial sponsor’s requirements.
- Generate complete and efficient analysis data models following approved dataset designs or specifications.
- Perform independent validation of datasets created by other programmers or statisticians.
- Develop SAS programming codes and generate complete and accurate statistical output reports of trial data in well-defined formats.
- Develop SAS programming codes to independently validate statistical output reports of trial data generated by other programmers or statisticians.
- Develop and test SAS codes for clinical trial database logical checks and reports for ongoing data review.
- Document data and programming information in accordance with corporate SOPs and guidelines.
- Archive clinical trial data (study data tabulation models and analysis data models) and programming information in accordance with corporate archival SOPs and guidelines.
- Develop and provide expertise in other programming and system administration areas when required.
- Provide technical guidance and support to less experienced Statistical Programmers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the statistical programming processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the establishment of therapeutic area programming standards/conventions/procedures within assigned therapeutic areas as a lead programmer.
- Contribute to the establishment of client specific programming standards/conventions/procedures for assigned clients when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- M. Sc. with at least 2 to 8+ years’ experience (depending on level) in clinical trial statistical programming.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to effectively manage statistical programming activities and integrate them with the entire clinical trial operation.
- Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage concurrent projects and adjust to changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, customer- and quality-focused.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability when working in a team and independently, using good judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical trial data and clients’ private information.
How to Apply: