Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for University of St Andrews Library Visiting Scholarship Scheme for the year 2018. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
About University: The University of St Andrews is one of the UK’s top universities and is one of Europe’s most research-intensive seats of learning. The University of St Andrews is a British public research university in Scotland. It is the oldest of the four ancient universities of Scotland and the third oldest university in the English-speaking world.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Degree Level: This is a visiting scholarship programme.
Available Subject: Visiting Scholarships are an opportunity for applicants external to the University of St Andrews to research a topic in the Library’s Special Collections.
Scholarship Benefits: Successful candidates will be in receipt of
- Financial support up to a maximum of £1,500 to cover travel and accommodation, but not subsistence, during the Scholarship
- Accommodation in a University hall of residence. The cost of this will be paid directly by the University, which will also make all necessary arrangements for residency.
- A warm welcome to Special Collections and invitations to take part in its activities, e.g. seminars and workshops
- Curatorial support during the Scholarship
- Reading Room provision
- Sponsored email account
- Scholarships can be taken at a mutually agreed time between 1 July and 31 August 2018.
- Scholarships will last for a period of between two and eight weeks.
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Visiting Scholarships are an opportunity for applicants external to the University of St Andrews to research a topic in the Library’s Special Collections. The scholarships are open to all interested researchers, whether or not affiliated with a university and at whatever level. This Scholarship gives the applicant the opportunity to visit the University of St Andrews and experience first-hand the Library’s unique collections which offer research potential across an exceptionally broad array of disciplines.
Eligible Nationalities: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
Application Procedure: Applications should be e-mailed. The complete application form should include:
- Personal details
- Details of the intended project to include: the title of the project, proposed start and end date, vision, methodology and intended for outputs (no more than 2 pages of A4).
- An outline of the sources to be consulted in line with essential criteria above
- An up to date CV
- An up to date list of relevant publications
- One reference in support of the application
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is January 12, 2018.