The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation are the military service of the Russian Federation, established after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. On 7 May 1992, Boris Yeltsin signed a presidential decree establishing the Russian Ministry of Defence and placing all Soviet Armed Forces troops on the territory of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic under Russian control. The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces is the President of Russia. The Russian Armed Forces were formed in 1992.
Armed forces under the Ministry of Defence are divided into:
- The three “branches of Armed Forces” : the Ground Forces, Aerospace Forces, and the Navy
- The two “separate troop branches”: the Strategic Missile Troops and the Airborne Troops
- The Rear of the Armed Forces, which has a separate status of its own
There are additionally two further “separate troop branches”, the National Guard and the Border Service. These retain the legal status of “Armed Forces”, while falling outside of the jurisdiction of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation.
ARMY GENERIC REQUIREMENTS
To qualify you will need to meet the minimum basic requirements listed below, as well as specific requirements for your chosen trade. In order to be considered a more competitive applicant, we recommend exceeding these requirements where possible.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age*
- Have completed at least three years of secondary school education
- Be medically fit for service
- Meet the citizenship & security requirements
How to Apply
Read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Fill out the forms as specified here on the links provided.
All applications/submissions are FREE and online.
Interested candidates should click on the below application link.