Australia Awards, a foundation of the Australian Government’s advancement help program for Africa, give access to postgraduate instruction, preparing and proficient improvement open doors for reasonably qualified Africans from qualified nations. On their arrival to the working environment, Australia Awards Alumni are relied upon to contribute effectively to improvement in their nations of origin. From 25th June , application opens for Australia Awards Scholarships . There are two classes of Award: Australian Awards Scholarships, to attempt higher degree ponders in Australia at Masters level. Also, Australia Awards Short Courses, to attempt here and now, directed proficient instructional classes, in Australia as well as in Africa, in a scope of advancement centered parts.
Application Opening/Closing Date: not specified
Offered every year? Truly
Offered Since: 1980
Sort: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD
Number of Scholarships: Up to 20,000
Grants Benefits: Full Tuition, Living Allowance and Air Ticket
Term of Scholarship: 2 to 4 years Select your nation of beginning. Take after the particular direction on the page. Patrons: Australia Awards, an activity of the Australian Government.
The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc. See the complete list of benefits at the official website.
The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age on 1 February of the year of commencing the scholarship;
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa [subclass 500]);
- not be current serving military personnel;
- not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector);
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions);
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements;
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a PhD); and
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas (including locally engaged staff at post) or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
Check the open and close dates for your country
, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Deadline varies per country.
It is important to read the how to apply page
and visit the country specific pages,
and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.