The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic and exciting expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is launching a new Sports weekly TV programme and innovative digital sport content alongside existing African Sport output.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Assistant
Job Reference: BBC/TP/788768/22614
Department: International Bureaux
Reports to: Hub Bureau Manager, Lagos
Grade: Local terms & conditions
Conditions: Nigerian terms and conditions
International News is at the heart of the BBC. BBC News Group employs approximately 800 staff in 98 international bureaux. It provides multimedia services to a global weekly audience of over 239 million in English and 27 languages around the clock, every day of the year.
The bureaux react to breaking news, provide news updates and analysis and produce live programme output. In a highly competitive market, delivering to both UK License Fee payers and commercial partners, BBC News services must be reliable and consistent. In 2011, News gathering, World Service and Monitoring teams came together into one News Group and in 2014, all World Service and Monitoring activity transfers to Licence Fee funding.
The International Bureaux Management team supports all News Group bureaux. You will report in first instance to the Bureau Manager for the day-to-day running of the Lagos Bureau’s finances and administration. You will be responsible for the supervision of the financial and administrative affairs for all parts of BBC News group in Lagos.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: Professional Certificate in Event Management
Min Required Experience:
Knowledge And Experience:
- Ability to prioritize, to use initiative and to work effectively under pressure without close supervision.
- Experience of producing timely and accurate information and reports.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of people and at all levels of the BBC.
- Good planning and organizing skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Practical knowledge and skills in using a range of packages, including Word, Excel and accounting packages.
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure.
- Planning and organization – able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
- Managing relationships and team working – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
Within grade, Local Terms and Conditions apply